Fantastic opportunity for a skilled Active Network Clerk of Works
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It was established by Granahan McCourt (GMC), an international investor in technology, media and telecommunications with 30 years of experience partnering with governments, corporations and people to drive development of communications infrastructure.
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the "Intervention Area"). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The purpose of the role is to ensure that the Active Network construction is carried out in adherence to design, job pack and quality criteria. To monitor contractor field resource quality compliance against the Design Manager and the Build managers standards through in-progress and retrospective inspections. To monitor compliance by the construction resources with the standards and regulations proscribed by the Project Supervisor Design Process. To verify compliance by the Contractor resources with the accreditation and operating requirements of the Physical Infrastructure Co-Location facility provider. To verify volumes and quantities are accurately reflected in As Built Records and associated Goods Receipt Notes.
- QA Compliance Reports
- Improvement Plans
- As Built Verification and sign off
- Defect Resolution performance
- Verified programme progress reporting
- Plan quality audits based on sampling criteria as defined by Network Delivery Manager
- Undertake quality checks of work in progress in the field
- Undertake quality checks of the performance of contractors by retrospective inspection visits
- Issue Corrective action directions and performance improvement notices to contractors.
- Monitor corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Feedback to Network Delivery Manager, Design Manager and PSDP on non-compliance issues to enable prioritisation of corrective actions and process improvements.
- Be familiar with the Workmanship Standards, relevant contract specifications, drawings, materials of the particular work.
- Ensure contractor compliance with accreditation and certification requirements of Network Infrastructure Access providers,
- Issue a 'Stop Work Notice', in consultation with the Network Delivery Manager, where the contractor's staff do not meet the relevant Access Network Procedures, Workmanship Standards or Safety requirements.
- Review and verify inventory recorded on nominated works orders for accuracy of type, number and location.
- Undertake sample "As Built" walk off under direction of the Programme Manager to support the settlement process.
- Undertake sample commissioning test validation by way of real time test witnessing and independent test verification.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years' experience working in a field engineering in a core Network Operator / Provider environment
- Quality Management Experience with qualification to certificate level a distinct advantage.
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification for the construction industry.
- Knowledge of Core Network and Transmission Telecommunications Plant work practice and procedures is essential.
- Good people orientation and ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Extremely detail-oriented, high level of documentation accuracy.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop individually and as a team
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
If you are interested in this role please submit an application and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch.