NBI - Accounts Payable Executive
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools.
Rollout will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion at 7 years.
NBI believes that all sustainable progress is driven by people - people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of the communities, businesses and organisations they belong to. NBI strongly encourages entrepreneurial thinking and attracts keen problem solvers with a driven determination to achieve great work.
NBI are now recruiting an Accounts Payable Executive - Contractors. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will manage the accounts payable process for contractors retained to assist in the build out of the fibre network, to ensure payments are made in accordance with Company Financial Policies and Procedures, Authority Limits and all relevant tax legislation.
- Obtain the prescribed authorisation for the set-up of all new suppliers on the Company's accounting system.
- Undertake the coding of all POs to appropriate project codes, cost centres and departments.
- Ensure Build Contractor POs appropriately approved before issue and posted to the accounting and reporting platform.
- Ensure an appropriate Independent Assessor Report completed prior to invoice authorisation.
- Match contractor invoices received with approved POs and the Independent Assessor Report and follow up any differences arising.
- Ensure that appropriate VAT rates are charged and check all invoice calculations.
- Have the checked invoices approved by the appropriate person(s) per the Company's Authority Limits Schedule.
- Ensure contractor is set up on RCT ROS system.
- Obtain RCT authorisation for all contractor payments and make the RCT deduction instructed by Revenue.
- Ensure contractors are paid in line with the agreed terms and conditions set out in their contract.
- Obtain a supplier statement monthly and reconcile accounts payable records to these supplier statements.
- Produce on a monthly basis an aged report of Accounts Payable.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role, with a strong preference for candidates with experience in the construction / engineering industry.
- Excellent knowledge of the application of RCT and PSWT.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and Power Point.
- Outstanding internal and external communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to connect with people.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Be willing and able to "roll up sleeves" and apply them self to any task.
- Driven personality with a strong team ethic.
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity please contact Leonie for a confidential discussion.