Excellent opportunity for a Fund Accountant to join a leading organisation on a 9 mth contract
This is a managerial position within the Private Equity & Real Estate Fund Services Business Unit of the organisation. The role would involve the review of NAV packs and client management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and/or indirect management and supervision of all subordinate staff levels
- Maintain primary day to day contact relationship with client for all administrative and accounting matters
- Review and approve all transactions (money movement, trades, etc.) in accordance with established guidelines
- Manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met
- Manage client expectations with both client contacts and fund investors, as necessary
- Review quarterly and annual financial work papers including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations
- Review of quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes
- Review and/or prepare capital call and distribution calculations
- Review periodic bank and cash reconciliations and journal entries
- Review quarterly management fee calculations
- Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence
- Coordinate client deliverables, both with clients and internally, such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices
- Coordinate annual audit and tax return preparation with accounting firms
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall calculations and capital account allocations
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required
- Candidates must have a college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required)
- 7 or more years of previous accounting experience, including 3 to 4 years of supervisory experience
- ACA/ACCA is a plus, but not required.
- Specific experience in the private equity industry and real estate funds is also an advantage.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.