Opportunity to be a Model Validation Manager in a Banking/ Financial Services Leader
Our client are a leading player in the banking /financial services industry in Dublin - they are currently looking to recruit for a Model Validation Manager to join their team on a permanent contract.
The primary purpose of the Model Validation Team is to provide objective and seasoned review and oversight of all the client's risk models including all Internal Ratings Based ("IRB") approach models for Basel II and all Non-IRB models. It is the role of the Manager-MVT to work with the Head of Model Validation to ensure that this overall objective is consistently met.
- Provide the first level of review and sign-off for validation work prior to submission to the Head of Model Validation.
- Work with the Head of Model Validation to develop the validation schedule.
- Devise a detailed work plan at the outset of each model validation exercise.
- Ensure that all components are completed within the agreed timeframe and according to documented guidelines.
- Review all validation output to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Ensure that compliance with CRD and other regulatory requirements is maintained.
- Manage the Issues Log.
- Engage with the business to:
- Seek explanations for any unexpected or unusual findings that arise during the analysis.
- Present and explain the results of the analysis.
- Ensure that appropriate schedules are in place for delivery of MVT objectives.
- Monitor team and individual performance to ensure that these schedules are met.
- Ensure that documented internal guidelines and methodologies are followed and updated where required.
- Outputs are reviewed in detail and all reports/analysis are signed off as required.
- Drive a high performance culture and develop the behaviours and performance of team members through effective performance development and performance reviews.
- Provide leadership so that analysts are developed, motivated and trained to a high standard ensuring consistent delivery of high quality work.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in legal and regulatory requirements as well as best practice standards.
- A high level of quantitative skill up to at least undergraduate degree level in a highly numerate oriented subject such as mathematics, statistics, physics, econometrics, quantitative finance, engineering or science.
- A proven ability to communicate the output of statistical/modelling work in a concise and clear manner that informs meaningful business decisions,
- Significant experience and ability in relevant statistical analysis and techniques,
- Have proven skills in analysing and manipulating data.
- Have proven experience in a risk modelling/validation environment,
- Understands the key components affecting the performance of risk models.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities and time pressures
- Good analytical, problem-solving, communication, organisational, and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with ability to organise own work load and drive results and work independently
- Project management experience of delivery under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Have excellent PC skills with programming skills being advantageous.
If you would like to learn more about this exciting new role, please get in touch with Bianca Santos in Morgan McKinley.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.