Model Validation (AVP) | Dublin Centre
There is an exciting new opportunity with a leading bank here in the heart of Dublin Centre for a Model Validation (AVP) to join a brand new team.
The Model Validation (AVP) role will report directly to the Head of Enterprise risk on a local level and indirectly to a Director. The Model Validation (AVP) role is based in a team of ten people, which provides the opportunity to work with senior co-workers providing a knowledge sharing environment.
In the words of the Hiring Manager, the Model Validation (AVP) role provides exposures to the 'best models in the industry', working with global models 90% of the time with a wider coverage range.
This role provides endless opportunities for career progression within a leading global bank headquartered here in Dublin.
- Daily management of model risks across the model lifecycle from validation through continuous performance evaluation and annual model reviews
- Mentor and provide guidance and knowledge to more junior validators as required
- Continuously provide open communication lines across the business between various stakeholders, model developers and business owners during the lifecycle of the risk model
- Regularly challenge elements of the model including mathematical formulation, model assumptions and throughout implementation
- Familiarity with model limitations and from there assess and quantify model risks
- Maintain regular communication with stakeholders to notify them of their risk profile and development of compensating controls
- Active engagement in strategic objectives associated with the model risk organisation
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience working in a model validation or development role
- Strong educational background such as mathematical or quantitative Masters or PHD preferably
- Strong technical background in model validation - ideally experience modelling for counterparty credit risk or market risk
- Excellent computer programming skills including C/C++, Python, Java, Oracle or SQL
- Must have strong communication and influencing skills as this role requires regular communication with model developers, risk managers and stakeholders as well as internal and external auditors
- Previous experience and sound knowledge of Calculus, Statistics, Numerical Analysis and Linear Algebra
- Knowledge of financial products is essential as well as pricing methodologies and risk management
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.