Are you a microbiologist with people management experience looking for an exciting new oppoirtunity?
I am currently recruiting for an excellent Microbiology Supervisor role with a global pharmaceutical based in Galway.
This role entails providing supervision to the Microbiology Lab, to provide a quality, efficient and cost-effective testing service to the Galway site. You will ensure that the microbiology testing within the laboratory is carried out in line with all quality system and regulatory requirements. The supervisor shall provide support and guidance in the areas of cGMP, compliance, regulatory, technical investigations, test method validation and environmental control.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Quality Policy (patient safety and product quality) through the daily execution of sound quality practices and the maintenance of an effective quality system.
- Responsible for maintaining a full understanding and complying with all the regulations governing the quality system.
- Supervising and exercising functional control of the laboratory such that a compliant, cost effective and efficient service is provided.
- Final review and approval of laboratory results, protocols, reports, SOPs etc.
- Provide technical guidance/ trouble shooting in the event of equipment failure, NCEs or out of specification results.
- Co-ordinate the Environmental Control testing (water/air & surface microbial/air particulate) of controlled areas within the plant according to documented procedures.
- Support validation of new and existing products to ensure compliance with current microbiology regulatory standards.
- Assists in the implementation of new tests, new technology, and improves existing tests.
- Delivery of key Quality and Performance Objectives.
- Selection and recruitment of Micro staff in conjunction with human resources.
Qualifications and education
- Degree in Microbiology or similar discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience of managing a team is essential for this role.
- Good technical capabilities in Microbiology, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 would be beneficial.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.