Job Title: QC Microbiologist II
Department: Analytical Sciences/QC
Reports to: Analytical Sciences Manager
Job Description: Performs a variety of testing and administrative duties such as SOP authoring and review to maintain a GMP compliance microbiology laboratory.
- Review all microbiology results and lab notebooks prior to data release
- Determine re-testing parameters and prepares Out of Specification reports
- Review lab SOPs and forms used for routine lab analysis to improve design where necessary and store in compliance with record keeping requirements
- Monitor microbiology inventory supply
- Prepare orders for supplies, media, equipment, etc.
- Meet with vendors to obtain pricing as needed
- Help develop and validate new methods and equipment for testing
- Write Standard Operating Procedures and train employees in microbiology testing methods
- Conduct lab safety training
- Collect MSDS sheets for chemicals, media, reagents and bacterial controls
- Other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology.
- 3-5 + years progressively responsible work experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of FDA regulations and compliance and experience with the preparation for and inspection by regulatory auditors
- Knowledge of microbial testing with regard to industrial testing methods, environmental testing and PET testing
- Knowledge of US food production regulations
- Organizational skills
- Project Management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical writing skills
- Knowledge of validation methods
- Knowledge of recordkeeping requirements
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office programs
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.