Medical Writer - Publications
I am currently working with a global pharmaceutical who are seeking experienced Medical Writers to join their team.
As Medical Writer, Publications you will work with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to prepare scientific publications (clinical and/or health-outcomes) including and not limited to, abstracts, posters, manuscripts and presentations.
- Effectively collect and evaluate data, information, and input from multiple sources, functions, and regions to create a cohesive content strategy for writing projects.
- Plan (including organizing/preparing outlines), write (including first-draft authoring), edit, review coordinate and complete the publication of scientific data in peer-reviewed journals and forums.
- Build scientific-based rational that support the purpose of more complex and/or strategic documents.
- Ensure data are presented in a clear, complete, accurate, and concise manner.
- Ensure that key data, statements and conclusions are consistent across related documents, and that statements and conclusions are integrated, accurate, balanced and supported by appropriate data.
- Coordinate expert/scientific reviews, collate reviewer's comments, adjust content of document as required based on internal/external input, and prepare final version.
- Work with internal and external speakers to develop and prepare presentations.
- Lead the writing process and apply effective project management skills to ensure timely completion of high-quality scientific publication deliverables.
- Work with teams and stakeholders to ensure smooth and timely development of documents and escalate issues, as appropriate, to ensure document completion.
- Maintain and enhance scientific communication skills to align with audience needs and technology/digital evolution.
- Exhibit flexibility in moving across document types, therapeutic areas, and compounds, depending on project assignment.
- Possess overarching view of compound, therapeutic area, and external environment (including competitors) with ability to participate effectively in publication planning, integrated planning process, and/or current awareness literature updates and reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific, health, communications, health outcomes, health economics, public health related field essential
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, PharmD, MA, MBBS) in science, health related field or other appropriate disciplines (economics, epidemiology, health administration, health services, pharmacoeconomics, statistics other relevant sciences) desired
- Experience writing scientific publications.
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written English skills in the medical, scientific, health outcomes, or technical writing fields.
- Previous training and experience in disseminating results in clinical, health economics, health outcomes, health literacy, disease management, and/or population health.
- Relevant experience in clinical development, clinical trial process, health-outcomes research, or regulatory activities.
- Clinical pharmacology, therapeutic area, health outcomes, or other medical and scientific specific knowledge and experience specific to hiring area (e.g., neuroscience, oncology, cardiovascular, immunology or endocrine expertise).
- Demonstrated project management and time management skills.
- Demonstrated high-level end-user computer skills (e.g., word processing, tables and graphics, spreadsheets, presentation and templates).
- Extensive experience in writing, reviewing, and publishing scientific materials and the ability to appraise scientific literature and raw data critically.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with all audiences and forums through exemplary oral and written communication skills.
This is an opportunity to play an integral role in the establishing of this new team and join an innovative and cutting-edge organisation who places people at the centre of all they do.
A detailed job description is available, please contact us for a confidential conversation regarding this exciting opportunity and your career progression.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF LA CRÈME SERVICES.