Medical Underwriter required for this excellent opportunity in Dublin City Centre
Location: Dublin City Centre
Located in Dublin City Centre, this established Insurance company is seeking an experienced Medical Underwriter to join their dynamic team. This is a varied role that will suit a flexible and adaptable professional seeking a new challenge. Apply Today!
- Assess mortality, morbidity and longevity underwriting cases
- Perform underwriting and claims audits when warranted
- Assist the Group with underwriting and claims support as required.
- Provide advice to clients on underwriting and claims practices to include cross-functional support, as needed, for our internal colleagues.
- Contribute to group-wide initiatives and identify opportunities to assist our international colleagues.
- Assist in researching medical articles and statistics for internal and external use.
- Attend local and international industry events and conferences to keep up-to-date with industry developments.
- To assist with ad hoc projects as required
- Primary degree in a statistical, mathematics and/or or business related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in insurance underwriting
- Sound understanding of (re)insurance beneficial
- Data analytics experience beneficial
- Competent in M.S Office suite.
- Relationship Management - ability to create sustainable working relationships across the Group
- Proven analytical and technical capability with an innovative, creative approach to client solutions
- Leadership potential - willingness to mentor, train and develop others
- Meticulous - attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.