Morgan McKinley is delighted to be partnering with The Crann Centre CLG on their search for a Marketing and Communications Manager, on a permanent basis.
The Crann Centre CLG provides a range of programmes and supports designed and informed by people living with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus, along with their families. Using innovative and evidence-based research from around the world, Crann aims to provide a range of support in-centre and in coordination with other organisations.
This Marketing & Communications Manager will lead the provision of the full range of communications and marketing functions including all digital, social and traditional media, to ensure Crann service users, stakeholders, and funders are engaged, informed and valued.
At Crann, Marketing and Communications consists of: Media Relations and Publicity, Brand Management and Corporate Identity, Internal Communications, Digital Communications, Event Management, Campaigns, Advocacy and Public Affairs.
A key part of this role will be translating Crann's strategy and day to day activity into communication messages appropriate to a variety of audiences.
This newly created role will report to the Chief Executive.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications plan that delivers against the key elements of our Strategic Plan;
- Develop the characteristics and values of the Crann brand; develop and implement guidelines for its use and devise methods to increase recognition and awareness
- Develop and maintain existing Crann communications platforms ensuring informative and accurate information is provided to Crann members and stakeholders on a regular basis
- Create and deliver imaginative, effective and targeted tactical marketing and PR campaigns for all programmes and events,
- Create and execute innovative and engaging social media content across all relevant platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, in order to grow our online community.
- Support the planning and management of events at The Crann Centre including education seminars, training events, public and stakeholder events, etc.
- Devise and implement the Crann public awareness programme, creating awareness raising opportunities with varied audiences , locally and nationally .
- Prepare communications reports and analysis for internal (staff & board) and external distribution (funders and other relevant supporters).
- Work with the CEO and the Fundraising Sub-Committee to prepare materials for fundraising applications and campaigns.
- Develop and manage budgets.
- Represent The Crann Centre at relevant meetings, events and conferences.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of five years' experience in a significant marketing role.
- Proven ability to develop and implement successful marketing and communications strategies.
- Relevant third level qualification(s) in media, communications or marketing
- Experience building organisation structures and capability in communications, marketing and advocacy.
- Proven written, editorial, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent on-line communications knowledge and experience across website content management, SEO, Email clients (Mailchimp or similar), social media and other relevant online systems and platforms.
- Excellent PC skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc .
- A working knowledge of the Not for Profit sector is highly desirable, but not essential.
- It is essential that you are a good, open communicator and team player - whilst your primary responsibility is communications, as part of a small team, you must be prepared to get involved in different aspects of the organisation as needed
- Commitment to relational engagement and a values driven approach to interacting with service users, stakeholders and colleagues.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.