Market Risk Analyst | Dublin City Centre
There is a brand new Market Risk Analyst role on offer in a multinational Insurance company based in the heart of Dublin Centre. The Market Risk Analyst sits on a small, close knit and high-performing team, providing endless opportunities to gain excellent experience and exposure.
This position reports directly to the Chief Investment Officer and is part of a broader group wide diverse team. The Market Risk Analyst role is offered on a full-time permanent basis.
The position offers a brilliant salary, benefits package and a clear progression path. The successful candidate will work on developing and maintaining the market risk systems, producing meaningful analytical insights for senior management and gaining a huge amount of exposure at the senior level.
This global company prides themselves in helping their colleagues to progress their careers in a healthy and positive environment which is reflected in their generous benefits package.
- Responsible for Market Risk Model analysis, producing analytical information for meaningful insight for senior management.
- Responsible for implementing the first line Internal Model validation framework, developing quantitative testing framework
- Assist with new model implementations, through providing in-depth analysis of methodology and output in the new models
- Responsible for providing analytical analysis to the wider Group Risk Management teams to aid with the company strategy implementation decisions and for regulatory reports
- Developing and carrying out calculation of shocks and scenarios on a regular basis
- Carrying out calculations and simulations of the risk figured according to agreed schedule when operations the market risk systems
- Work closely with the group wide market risk analytics team
- Quantitative Master's degree (BA) or professional qualification in mathematics, risk, engineering, economics or actuarial areas
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in a financial services company
- Previous experience working in a market risk capacity within an insurance company would be a distinct advantage
- Strong knowledge of financial products is essential or an interest in the developments in the capital markets
- Must have excellent IT skills and strong analytical and numerical skills
- Innovative, creative and focus on problem-solving with the ability to assess the facts to make informed decisions and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate successfully with colleagues at all levels and build effective working relationships
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.