Fantastic leadership opportunity for a technically strong engineering in the Automotive Industry
- Lead, Plan and direct the overall engineering and manufacturing activities for a product line.
- Direct and oversee the activities associated with providing world class quality and manufacturing engineering technical support to the manufacturing areas that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Plan, schedule, facilitate and supervise the daily activities of the manufacturing team(s) ensuring that safety, quality, cost-efficiency and on-time delivery goals are achieved.
- Plan the training and provision of headcount and adaptable shift models according to customer requirements and headcount forecast as detailed in sales forecast with a view to a flexible workforce for rotation between production work centers.
- Plan the development and training of key staff to support business growth and succession.
- Fully support the organizational goal of zero safety incidents.
- Identify and implement improvements (individually and within teams) that produce 5% annual cost-reductions, improve quality, reduce customer complaints and maximize customer satisfaction. Support a "Best Practice" approach toward methods and practices.
- Work with the Technical team to implement continuous improvements to OEE to improve operating efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Work with the Engineering team in developing and implementing the Manufacturing Engineering Strategic Plan.
- Review and quote processing and production equipment and tools. Work with the Product Line Manager in recommending, justifying and administering the capital plan.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field desired
- 3-5 years engineering experience
- Experience managing/facilitating product launches/programs or the equivalent
- Supervisory training or experience
- Strongly and independently motivated
- Goal-oriented with a track record of accomplishment
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.