Our client has an an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor to join their team.
Responsibility for the day to day management of the manufacturing cells as agreed. Providing leadership, direction and technical support to the technicians, and also working closely with the CNC programing and design engineering team to ensure the inputs to the process are correct.
The Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring the end customer is satisfied with the quality and delivery of work into the next area.
The Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor will report to the Manufacturing Manager.
- To ensure that quality standards are maintained to the highest levels
- Ensure daily productivity targets are met
- Ensure on time delivery of product
- Work closely with the other departments to ensure good collaboration and that the key stakeholders are working closely together to ensure the highest quality product with minimal rework
- Ensure the technicians have the required tooling, equipment and materials to do the job to the highest standard
- Support the development and training of staff within the area
- Lead the 5S standards within the area
- Responsible for the H&S within the area, and supporting to ensure best practice is in place
- Responsible for leading and co-ordinating of the day to day work of a team
- Actively promote and manage the process of continuous improvement in the area
- Review staff within team in line with the required performance management's system addressing any quality issues and performance issues that may arise
- With the Manufacturing Manager, set KPIs for the engineering team within the department related to performance and quality and ensure these are managed accordingly
- Create and sustain a positive team environment displaying high levels of motivation and excellent team spirit
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years' experience in manufacturing and experience in various different cells, ideally in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience of CI and driving improvements in the areas
- Good team player, approachable, and works well with others
- Resource planning & control
- Ability to maintain high levels of quality
- Good collaborator, ability to work well with other departments
- Capability of identifying opportunities and making decisions quickly to benefit from opportunities
- Capable of working on own initiative and making decisions
- Ability to listen carefully and assimilate information quickly
- Ability to remain calm in pressurised circumstances and deal with challenging situations
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.