6 month contract role leading to a rolling contract
My client a Cork based entertainment Systems Company is looking fill a 6 month contract position of an immediately available logistics coordinator. The scope of the role is to look after the day to day running of logistics and shipping operation.
This includes but not limited to:
- Shipping of parts from Suppliers (mainly the Far East, Europe & USA) to Australia, Europe, North America & Canada.
- Shipping of goods from Ireland to the aforementioned destinations
- Reverse logistics of damaged/ faulty goods from Customers to Suppliers under agreed Return
- Co-ordinating new Customer Purchase Orders (PO's): including checking for available stock, placing Supplier PO's if not in stock, and chasing Supplier due dates to support Customer PO commitment dates.
- Maintaining multiple Excel spread sheets on, Customer Orders status, A class items availability/history, Inventory, projected capital spend & shipments made info including Freight Invoice approval.
- Generating Delivery Notes and Customs Invoices to accompany shipments.
- 3 + years working in Logistics and Distribution functions dealing with Suppliers and Customers across the world.
- In depth experience in the shipping of goods worldwide by Ocean, Air and Courier routes.
- Strong understanding of Customs commodity classification system and identifying codes for new products as required.
- Knowledge of Haz shipment would be advantageous.
- In depth knowledge of Certificates of Origin from Chambers of Commerce.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.