Legal Executive in Construction or Procurement
Our client a leading commercial law firm in Dublin City Centre is now looking to recruit a legal executive/paralegal to work in its very busy construction and procurement dept.
Ideal candidates will have 3+ years' experience working as a Paralegal or Legal Executive in a busy law firm work environment. Excellent experience in document management and document mark-ups would be very helpful as this is a significant part of the job duties.
- Coordinates and maintains effective office procedures and efficient work flow; complies with policies and procedures set by employer; establishes and maintains harmonious working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and clients etc.
- Works as an effective member of the designated administrative team; provides cover during absence, picks up telephone calls for the group etc and volunteers for overflow work assignments when time permits.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all client and Firm information, records and files, both within and outside of the Firm.
- Day to day diary management for partners and associates; schedules meetings, arranges business itineraries and coordinates travel arrangements.
- Communicates effectively with clients, making and taking calls as necessary. As and when requested, sorts and reads incoming emails and documents from clients for partners and associates in their absence and files appropriately for necessary action.
- Types (audio and copy) and composes general correspondence, documents, memos, faxes, reports, PowerPoint presentations etc. from various sources (e.g., handwritten, notes and tape dictation.) Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy and ensures all work is returned in a timely manner.
- Utilises the Firm's computer systems and software applications effectively as well as establishing and maintaining filing and records both in hard copy and in electronic format.
- Enters the relevant partner's or associate's time on a daily basis into Keyhouse and ensures all time entries are finalised with Accounting Department by month-end deadlines.
- Co-ordinates the billing process for relevant partners and associates.
- Arranges with Accounts Department for petty cash advances and reimbursement requests for out of pocket expenses. Also requests the payment of invoices or cheques to be drawn to appropriate client/matter numbers.
- Maintains an up-to-date version of secretarial handover notes for each designated partner or associate.
- Provides reception cover when required to ensure constant reception coverage at all times.
- Undertakes any other ad hoc secretarial or administrative duties as requested.
- Highly effective organizational skills, able to initiate plans and structure work.
- Excellent team player and demonstrate co-operation when helping others.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality record.
- Excellent technical ability using the Firm's computer system and software applications to trouble-shoot.
- Demonstrates awareness of providing a quality service and perform an accurate self review of work undertaken.
- Ability to liaise professionally and effectively with clients.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as required.
- Experience of Interwoven, Elite Enterprise (and Webview) Deltaview, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience of email management and billing
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.