Lead Scientist and Instrumentation Scientist roles available in well known company in Mayo
*Lead Scientist & Instrumentation Scientist role*
The key responsibilities of this role will be to perform complex physical and/or chemical analysis of raw materials, in process products and finished goods; prepares detailed reports with recommendations and performs routine maintenance and safety checks on laboratory equipment. The candidate will be:
- A Subject Matter Expert with knowledge base acquired in any of the following areas of expertise: flavour chemistry, microbiology, beverages technology or advanced analytical techniques.
- Ability to perform advanced, complex testing at a high level of throughput using the required methodology as required on ingredients, intermediates and finished products and report results.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in their specific field to evaluate data/information and make decisions, provide solutions to problems, and educated opinions on ingredients, syrups, beverages, concentrates or other substances to provide support to bottlers and customers.
- Train and instruct analysts/scientists.
- Works independently; may be required to coach other professionals.
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Lead research projects and develop or validate laboratory test methods or equipment to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results.
- Organize workflow and task schedules to maximize laboratory efficiency.
- Lead research projects and develop or validate laboratory test methods or equipment (sampling, monitoring, analytical procedures) in order to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results. This may include performing capability studies.
- Bachelors Degree in Science preferably Analytical Chemistry, Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiology with a demonstrated aptitude to relate business and technical requirements.
- Desireable - Post Graduate MSc. In Chemistry or Microbiology is preferable.
Related Work Experience
- 8+ years relevant experience in a Laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical Industry.
- Experience in Beverage technology and flavour chemistry is desirable.
- Experience of trouble shooting is desirable.
If you, or someone you know is interested, please get in contact with email@example.com for more information.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.