A leading multinational company with offices in Cork are currently hiring for a Lab Manager to join their team.
Responsible for managing the assembly labs in Cork, the ideal person will have expeirence within a Lab Manager position previously.
Ideally a minimum of 4 years relevant expeirence in lab management with strong materials experience.
- Set up lab user rules: defining ,writing lab operation procedures
- Train lab staff on the correct use of lab equipment, in addition to mentoring lab staff (Lab inductions: safety and lab operations).
- Implement lab risk assessments together with tool and process owners: keeping up-to-date lab risk assessments, ensuring tool/process owners complete risk assessments (chemical, tool and process risk assessments).
- Ensure employees follow industry standards and safety regulations for handling and disposing of test samples.
- Ensure tool owners put in place SOPs for basic tool operation.
- Coordinate tool inductions with tool owners.
- Lab equipment upkeep: Coordinate and own tool maintenance together with tool owners (contact with suppliers, schedule service, etc.).
- Active involvement in setting up labs: moving and commissioning tools / ordering furniture, accessories and consumables as required.
- Participation in lab managers monthly meetings to discuss EHS, facilities and purchasing matters.
- Purchase lab supplies or prepare ordering lists. Control supplies inventory.
- BS/MS in materials science and engineering/chemical engineering/chemistry/mechanical engineering/physics or a related field or equivalent experience Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to lead and direct others.
- Experience with scanning electron microscopes, dualbeams or similar.
- 4 years relevant expeirence in lab management with strong materials experience
- Experienced with SEM tools, characterisation tools, Nano Inventor, Material Science or Micro Electronics
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.