- Perform routine chemical analysis in an accurate and timely manner so that the manufacturing process is not stopped/delayed and the finished product is ready for release.
- Lead and/or assist with in-house Laboratory validation studies/projects.
- Perform System Suitability tests as required by the laboratory equipment.
- Collect and prepare samples for purity testing and in-process formulation testing.
- Perform FTIR, UV-Vis Spectrophotometry, HPLC and GC analysis.
- Perform chemistry and material testing as required by the laboratory procedures.
- Ability to technically understand Chemistry test processes and perform required troubleshooting studies/investigations to resolve technical and/ operational system issues, for process improvements, validations etc.
- Ability to drive OOS investigations to successful and timely conclusions. Lead and/or assist with in-house Laboratory validation studies/projects as required by the Laboratory Manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Laboratory Manager.
- Assist with the training of other Laboratory personnel.
- Assist with internal auditing, assist QC auditors with product release and paperwork review.
- Perform routine laboratory cleaning of benches and laboratory equipment.
- Perform basic equipment maintenance. Prepare chemistry solutions required for laboratory tests.
- Cross training in Microbiology tests to be completed as requested to support Production needs.
Specific Position knowledge/skills/abilities:
- Strong chemistry technical knowledge, with Chemistry System Troubleshooting and Validation experience.
Minimum: Bachelor degree in Chemistry
Preferred: Bachelor (Hons) Degree in Chemistry or Masters in Chemistry
Minimum: Four years' experience in a Medical Device / Pharmaceutical Laboratory position with strong Chemistry systems troubleshooting experience.
Preferred: Five years' experience in a highly regulated Medical Device laboratory environment with strong technical and validation knowledge/ experience.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.