This role will suit a Developer with previous experience in developing and delivering the Credit Risk Models
KBC - Dublin
Risk Model Data Developer
This role is situated within the Risk Projects & Change Delivery Team, which plays a key role in managing and delivering the strategic change agenda for the wider bank.
The Risk Model Data Developer will primarily be responsible for developing and delivering the Credit Risk Models, in line with business requirements and to deadlines. The successful applicant will also be responsible for the development work relating to Risk outputs and delivering change where required.
- Act as a developer for implementation work relating to Credit Risk Models. This can include larger projects (epics) or smaller issues (bugs) which are identified over time.
- Act as a developer with respect to data inputs/ outputs used for Risk reporting and analysis. This primarily relates to data currently provided to support the Credit Risk Models and month end process.
- Maintain a sufficient UAT and Development environment to allow testing to be undertaken as required. Communicate issues as they occur within both environments.
- Work with the business to prioritise workload, deliveries and releases.
- Build strong and effective relationships with internal stakeholders (Risk Modelling Team, IT, Data Domain etc.) to establish best practice and drive improvements as opportunities are identified.
- Follow-up of any issues raised in the course of testing and ensuring timely remediation of same
- Identify areas for improvement to assist the organisation in striving for best practice in data management and reporting
- Follow existing IT documentation protocol for the development and release of code
- Previous experience in a technical role, demonstrating progression
- Proven track record of working in cross functional, fast paced environments, to deadlines
Skills and Abilities:
- ETL development experience an advantage (preferably but not exclusively with DataStage).
- SQL development experience (Microsoft SQL, Oracle SQL, PL-SQL).
- A good understanding of Unix scripting and IT Architecture.
- Strong documentation skills, specifically with visual diagrammatic tools such as Microsoft Visio.
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Can bridge communication between technical and business resources
- Analyse issues/data from an end-to-end perspective
- Ability to plan efficiently in a fast-moving/agile environment
- Capable of understanding both the detailed data requirements whilst being able to see the big picture
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information
- Self-starter with organisational skills and strong drive
- A degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Maths (or related discipline)