Prudential Risk Assurance Specialist
As the Prudential Risk Assurance Specialist, you will be responsible for the following activities with oversight from the Director of Compliance:
- Take responsibility for the prudential risk assurance monitoring programme within the Bank's broader compliance monitoring plan. Including the planning, execution and reporting elements of prudential risk assurance reviews;
- Use your subject matter expertise to ensure that credit, capital, liquidity, recovery planning and other prudential matters are managed appropriately within the organisation in line with regulatory and internal expectations as well as industry practice;
- Assist with the upstream monitoring of prudential regulation and engaging with management to assess the impact of prudential regulatory and policy change;
- Preparation of compliance monitoring reports and management information for submission to relevant board committees and management committees; and
- Collaborating with and being an important member of the wider Compliance function.
Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Significant experience, knowledge and understanding of prudential regulation applicable to Irish retail banks (including Basel III and CRD IV/CRR);
- Experience in the delivery of assurance related monitoring plans and reporting;
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and factual accuracy to ensure outputs are right first time;
- Enthusiastic, self-starter, who can work on their own and as part of team;
- Knowledge and awareness of the Central Bank of Ireland's expectations of effective compliance monitoring;
- Pragmatic, inquisitive, professional who is looking to further their career;
- Must operate with integrity and independence;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
Education and Experience:
- A professional and business / finance related 3rd level degree;
- Professional qualification (e.g. qualified accountant) advantageous;
- Experience in managing and reviewing controls for ILAAP, ICAAP, Recovery Planning, Pillar 3 Disclosures and other prudential matters (minimum 3+ years' relevant prudential experience); and
- Experience in performing assurance related reviews previously (in a compliance monitoring or internal audit capacity).
Morgan McKinley are the on-site recruitment partners for KBC Ireland