Responsibility for new product launches in retail banking - insurance. Work alongside product specialists who are subject matter experts and manage the development/implementation of products
Morgan McKinley are the onsite Recruitment Partners for KBC Bank Ireland.
Job Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Program Manager
Contract Status: Permanent
Department: Retail Banking - Insurance
The Business: KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The Role: You will be part of a programme team launching a range of new Insurance products in Ireland to create a new revenue stream and portfolio of clients. Your key responsibility is E2E implementation of new Insurance products in the Irish market place. This covers all aspects (Business and ICT) of successful project delivery, from defining the business requirements through to implementation and testing of the required solution, both internal and external marketing/communication and ensuring successful set-up and handover to the BAU/standing organisation. Crucial in reaching your target will be delivering a market leading, customer centric innovative proposition. This covers both the product specifics and the full digital way these product and services will offered to our customers.
- The definition of the Insurance products and related processes.
- End to end planning, monitoring and delivery of projects ensuring interdependencies are identified and managed.
- Planning and delivery of the BAU/standing organisation to support project/program deliverables.
- Identification, management, mitigation and reporting of risks & issues in the context of the program.
- Ensure that the program financials are tracked and managed to ensure adherence to approved business case: ensures the efficient use of resources.
- Ensure programmes/projects have a quality management plan in situ, with agreed key performance indicators/measures and ensure that these measures are met or exceeded.
- Complete project/program reviews to assess delivery and areas of key learning: shares knowledge.
- Deliver robust management reporting including program status reporting, steering packs.
- Client focused with the ability to help client understand their needs and to anticipate and effectively respond to client needs.
- Adheres to policies on information security and privacy.
Leadership & Influence:
- Build strong stakeholders relationships at all levels and facilitate negotiation, as required, to ensure cohesive approach and successful program delivery.
- Display and drive excellent communication skills including the ability to liaise with both (ICT) technical and business resources.
- Coach and shares knowledge with all team members.
- Build strong, cohesive delivery teams that consistently deliver efficiencies, high quality and value.
- Steers other entities and 3rd party vendors to deliver seamless, high quality solutions.
- Manages approvals and communications with regulators; understands the dynamics and politics
- Facilitate negotiation as required to ensure cohesive approach and successful project/programme delivery.
- Working with key business stakeholders and project sponsors to manage expectations, key project milestones and delivery deadlines.
- Supports stakeholders in articulating requirements and solutions, recommends courses of action, identifies challenges and drives solutions.
- Seeks out and develops further opportunities for the new Insurance domain both as part of the programme and within the wider organisation.
Person Specification Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Experience working in Insurance sector is desirable with knowledge of Life Assurance system and processes (proposition development, pricing …).
- Strong grounding in a least one widely used project and program management methodology (e.g. AGILE, MSP, PRINCE2) and the ability to be flexible and to adapt to new technologies is essential.
- Proven track record of delivering Insurance implementation projects, dealing with significant product upgrade or introduction of new Insurance projects.
- Proven experience in a senior project/program management role is a bonus.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Results Orientated: Focused on delivering excellent results against stretching targets.
- Planning & Organising: Ability to organise and plan complex initiatives with conflicting priorities, for team of direct/indirect reports.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills: Ability to lead and communicate at all levels, including the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Team Player : Insuring a safe working environment for his team members. Leaving sufficient room for initiative / responsibility.
- Solution Orientated: Ability to analyse complex issues, propose solutions and to resolve issues quickly. Without getting lost in opportunities.
- Robust Decision Making: Ability to make robust decisions, showing good judgement.
- Attention to Detail: Displays attention to detail even when under pressure.
- Flexible Approach to Work: Flexible approach to working and the ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.