Permanent Closures Administrator to work in KBC's Head Office in Dublin CIty Centre
KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The Permanent Closure (Recovery) Team Administrator is responsible for the management of a portfolio of Private Dwelling Home and Residential Investment Mortgages within the Recovery area. The successful candidate will form an integral part of a multi-skilled team and will work alongside the ASU Legal, Field and Property Management Teams to ensure Asset Recovery actions are progressed in an effective & timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage a portfolio of cases at the latter stages of the escalation process, to ensure that KBCI's recovery is maximized. This will involve
a) Having a thorough understanding of individual case histories
b) Preparing and presenting cases to Credit Committee
c) Liaising with external Solicitors and internal departments involved in the enforcement area.
d) Contact with borrowers (telephone or face-to-face), prioritizing higher risk cases with particular attention being given to reducing the risk of loss to the bank.
e) Providing instructions to the Legal team to enable the case progress through the post- court stages where an alternative solution cannot be found
f) Assessing Standard Financial Statements and negotiating with the borrower and/or their representatives to establish if alternative solutions to repossession can be found
g) Ensure that cases are progressed swiftly and effectively through the correct escalation process in accordance with KBCI guidelines
h) Ensure all dealings with borrowers are in line with the KBC Customer Charter and appropriate Codes & Legislation.
i) Ensure adherence to Departmental Procedures.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
· The successful candidate will typically have a minimum of 3/5 years relevant experience in a Collections / Credit Assessment environment related to residential mortgage lending.
· Relevant third level qualification or professional equivalent.
· QFA qualified/part qualified and committed to further continuous development
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate:-
· A thorough understanding of debt collection and enforcement processes (knowledge of the Legal and Receiver Process would be desirable).
· Solution based thinking to include consideration of alternative resolution options.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to negotiate effectively over the telephone and/or face to face.
· Can demonstrate excellent research skills and attention to detail.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the competency to work both on an individual basis and as part of a team. The role requires the individual to demonstrate a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and precise record-keeping.
· Qualities that reflect a proactive team player who is motivated by achieving targets.
· A flexible approach to work and the confidence to work in a fast moving & exciting environment.
· Excellent working knowledge of MS Word/Excel.