The Operational Risk Department co-ordinates the management of operational risk throughout the Bank.
Operational Risk Advisor
Competitive Salary & Benefits
The Operational Risk Department co-ordinates the management of operational risk throughout the Bank. The department provides a bank wide framework, consistent with the ORM building blocks approach for the management and reporting of operational risk and the appropriate risk response.
The Operational Risk Advisor, together with the Operational Risk Department, will support the business units in the management and mitigation of operational risks. Additionally, the Operational Risk Advisor will work closely with other independent assurance functions e.g. Compliance.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Operational Risk Management:
* Support in implementing the Group Operational Risk Management Framework within the following risk disciplines:
o Operational Risk Management e.g GKC, RCSA etc.
o Outsourcing Governance
o Business Continuity Management
* Works closely with Local Compliance & Operational Risk Managers (LCORMs) to promote and embed risk management within their business units.
* Assist the business to understand and mitigate their risk exposure
Monitoring and Reporting:
* Support in performing risk analysis on relevant processes such as Operational Risk events
* Prepare relevant reporting to Senior Management, Internal Councils and Relevant committees
* Support the follow up of all action plans issued by L-OpR, KBC Group and the Central Bank of Ireland.
Operational Risk Events:
* Collate the Operational Risk Events Register including 'near misses' and Loss events register.
* Work with the business to ensure adequate root-cause analysis is completed and mitigating action is taken where necessary.
* Report events to relevant committees and facilitate discussion to ensure appropriate action is taken to benefit from lessons learned and prevent 'near misses' becoming actual loss events.
Likely Skills, Qualifications & Experience
* 3-5 years of experience within a similar environment.
* Proven ability to influence others at all levels and proven ability to drive change
* Very strong communication and relationship management skills
* Demonstrated excellence in the execution of projects
* Ability to foster communications between risk disciplines and regional lines of business
* Strong communication skills (both spoken and written)
* Strong organizational skills - ability to lead by example and train others
Education and Experience:
* Relevant third level qualification and / or professional qualification is essential
* Experience in a control (audit, risk, compliance) or a communication/negotiation function is a plus
* Strong MS Excel / MS Access skills