This will suit experienced Investor Protection Compliance Specialists with knowledge of MIFID II.
KBC Bank, Dublin 2
Investor Protection Compliance Specialist
Competitive Salary & Benefits
KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The role involves managing the Bank's investor protection regulatory universe. This will include reviewing and enhancing the Bank's investor protection compliance framework and ensures the framework reflects regulatory requirements and best practice. The role requires the relevant individual to have a deep subject matter expertise with respect to, but not limited to, investment products, MiFID II, the Consumer Protection Code, and the expectations of the Central Bank of Ireland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Monitoring and maintain adequate and appropriate compliance systems and risk controls to ensure that the firm meets its investor protection regulatory requirements with respect to, but not limited to:
o MiFID II;
o Market Abuse;
o Conflicts of interest; and
* Conducting regulatory gap analysis across the organisational, and defining and executing roadmaps to achieve regulatory risk and compliance objectives
* Supporting the business in evaluating the conduct and customer risk implications associated with our investment products, proactively working with teams to provide guidance and direction in relation to our investor protection regulatory obligations.
* Work with stakeholders, directly and through the compliance team to propose and agree actions required to mitigate key risks.
* Deep subject matter expertise in the area of investor protection regulation, legislation and the consumer protection code.
* Demonstrable track record in:
o The banking, investment and/or wealth management industries; and
o Working as part of a broader Compliance Function.
Skills and Abilities:
* Act as an investor protection subject matter expert to the entire bank and complement the Director of Compliance and wider Compliance Function
* Excellent communicator with the ability to carry an idea through to delivery
* Ability to motivate and lead teams in a controlled environment
* Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
* Strong team and organizational focus.
* A relevant 3rd level qualification
* Relevant professional qualification