Qualified Accountant required for the Finance Team in KBC - Internal Audit
Job Title: Internal Audit Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Audit Operations
Contract Status: Permanent
Department: Internal Audit
Location: Stephen Court, Dublin 2
The Business: KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The Role: You will be joining a highly motivated dynamic team, which works with the KBC Bank Ireland's respective business units to provide assurance on the control environment within the Bank. This role will involve gaining an understanding of all aspects of the Bank's operations, identifying any control weaknesses within that operating environment and drafting practical business focused reports to assist the business to implement mitigating actions.
Essential Duties Key Duties & Responsibilities:
As a member of the IA team you will be involved in the following activities:
- Assisting with the completion of end-to-end internal audit reviews as part of the internal audit annual plan;
- Gaining an understanding of the control environment and the associated business risks of the area under review;
- Assisting with developing and completion of test plans to assess the operating effectiveness of the control environment;
- Follow-up and clarify any queries arising from testing with business area;
- Documenting the results of the testing for discussion with the management;
- Drafting and presenting reports on the results of the tests;
- Assisting in overall assessment of the effectiveness of the control environment;
- Provide support/assistance to other team members within the department;
- Assisting with other Internal Reviews and Special Investigations; and
- Collaborating with other members of the IA team to continually develop and improve both your own and the team's performance.
Person Specification Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Enthusiastic, self-starter, who can work on their own and as part of team;
- Pragmatic, inquisitive, professional who is looking for an opportunity to gain experience that will assist in developing their career;
- Delivery of audit work in a timely and complete manner;
- 2/3 years audit experience in a similar environment;
- An understanding of and familiarity with audit methodologies;
- Must operate with Integrity and Independence;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Good organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail;
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills;
- Previous internal audit experience and an understanding of financial service products would be beneficial;
- General ICT skills (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, E Mail); and
- Familiarity with CAATs and Data Analysis tools is advantageous.
Education and Experience:
- A professional and business / finance related 3rd level qualification;
- Qualified accountant;
- Big 4 back ground advantageous; and
- Previous experience / work experience in a financial services environment advantageous.