Quarterly Group reporting for KBC Ireland in adherance to IFRS & Group guidelines
Job Title: Group Reporting Accountant
Reporting to: Group Reporting Manager
Contract Status: Permanent
Department: Management Reporting
Location: Stephen's Court, Dublin 2
KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The role is a key part of the Group reporting team responsible for collating and consolidating KBC Bank Ireland ("KBCI") financial information for the delivery of quarterly reporting to the Banks parent KBC Bank N.V. ensuring accuracy and timeliness of reporting and adherence to IFRS and Group guidelines. Gain exposure to almost every area in the Bank as well as international exposure liaising regularly with Belgium & Group. Opportunity to put your 'own stamp' on the position, own the quarterly reporting process, mentor a junior staff member, and involved in projects, and identify opportunities to add value and improve processes.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation and submission of quarterly KBCI group reporting in line with Group instructions and policies.
- Preparation of quarterly KBCI intercompany reporting to Group for consolidation purposes.
- Analysing processes and working closely with Finance, Data Intelligence and ICT colleagues to ensure reliability, completeness and efficiency.
- Preparation of quantitative information for KBCI Consolidated and Bank annual financial statements in line with IFRS.
- Assisting external audit team with the Group reporting quarterly review.
- Ensure prompt response and resolution of all queries received from Group Finance and KBCI stakeholders.
- Ensure adequate controls and reconciliations are in place to maintain the accuracy and integrity of reporting.
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects\tasks.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant or Part Qualified (ACCA/ACA) with at least 3 years' experience in a similar group/financial reporting role.
- Previous experience within Banking / Financial Services would be beneficial with a knowledge of banking products, derivatives, impairments
- Understanding and knowledge of IFRS.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy required.
- Good numeracy, analytical and accounting skills.
- Ability and confidence to challenge current processes and identify alternatives.
- Albeit that the role will report into and be supervised by the Team Head, the ability to take ownership and responsibility for the role from an early stage is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills