Data Protection Compliance Advisor
Data Protection Compliance Advisor
KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBCI') is 100% owned by KBC Bank NV and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBCI is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group, which is headquartered in Brussels. KBCI provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25th of May 2018 and provides a modernised, accountability-based compliance framework for data protection in Europe. The Data Protection Officers (DPO's) team are central to this legal framework for many organisations, facilitating compliance with the provisions of the GDPR.
The Data Protection Compliance Advisor will assist the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in advising on the obligations pursuant to the GDPR and relevant privacy legislation and monitor conformity with these provisions and is bound by secrecy or confidentiality concerning the performance of his/her tasks.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
The primary role of the selected candidate, on their commencement, is to assist with the tasks assigned to the Data Protection domain. The selected candidate will also be required, from time to time, to assist in the completion of tasks assigned to other teams within the Compliance domain (Consumer Protection, Investor Protection and Ethics). These tasks include:
- Undertake any required investigations into possible or suspected breaches of data protection legislation and complaints.
- Manage data security incident process and subsequent reporting to relevant regulatory bodies.
- Provide advice and assistance to business units on data protection compliance issues, especially the interpretation of relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Review on a periodic basis, the relevant compliance domains and business areas set out in the Compliance Monitoring Programme to establish compliance or otherwise with the various requirements.
- Assist business units in the completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) and records of processing documents.
- Co-ordinate and deliver education and training to business units.
- Develop and collate business unit monthly KRI's and management information metrics for DPO risk management and reporting.
- Monitor on an overview basis the Compliance of the Group and report, as appropriate, any issues or risks.
- Assess the implementation and provide advice regarding KBC Group Compliance Rules.
- Where appropriate represent the Data Protection Office at various compliance bodies and in the development and formulation of compliance regulations and policies.
- Provide advice and guidance to data subject rights teams.
- Support the development and implementation of the local data protection framework.
Likely qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Professional qualification, (Data Protection/Compliance/Legal/Accounting/IT Security).
- 3 Year + experience working in a Compliance Role (preferably in financial services).
- Demonstrated understanding of data protection and related laws and regulations.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organisation in a professional manner and communicate data protection terminology.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to think and act independently and as part of team are crucial to this role.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office)
Morgan McKinley are the on-site recruitment partners for KBC Ireland