Suitable role for an experienced professional in AML Compliance - Banking environment
KBC Bak - Dublin
Compliance Monitoring Specialist
The objective of the KBC Bank Ireland's Compliance function is to enable a compliant customer focused bank of choice for our customers and stakeholders. The Compliance function promotes banking integrity through coordinating and monitoring compliance with all relevant regulations, legislation and standards. It provides analysis, advice and assistance, including training, on compliance issues to all business units and support functions within KBC Bank Ireland plc.
This role will require the successful candidate is to assist with the tasks assigned to the AML domain within Compliance. The selected candidate is responsible for assisting the AML team in coordinating and monitoring the day-to-day AML/CFT/FS Compliance Programme.
As a member of the AML team you will be involved in the following activities:
- Monitor the introduction of new or amended AML/CFT/FS compliance obligations as set out in relevant legislation, regulations, standards and best practice.
- Assess the impact of these and then initiate a process to make any required changes to practices, procedures and documentation.
- Provide advice and assistance on AML/CFT/FS compliance issues, especially the interpretation of relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Co-ordinate and deliver required education and training regarding the specified compliance domain and business areas.
- Update and maintain AML/CFT/FS Policies and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure compliance procedures are aligned to the rest of the Group.
- Investigate potentially suspicious transactions and report to the authorities, as appropriate.
- Prepare management information in respect of AML/CFT/FS.
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including local industry bodies, on AML/CFT/FS matters; and
- Collaborating with the Compliance team to continually improve your own performance and the performance of the Compliance team in its entirety.
Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Enthusiastic, self-starter, who can work on their own and as part of team;
- Experience and knowledge of AML/CTF/FS legislation and best practice;
- Pragmatic, inquisitive, professional who is looking to further their career;
- Must operate with integrity and independence;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
Education and Experience:
- A professional and business / finance related 3rd level degree;
- LCOI or equivalent compliance qualification beneficial;
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role.