Senior role in the ASU Department in KBC managing key strategies for ASU
Job Title: ASU Strategy Specialist
Reporting to: Head of Strategy & Effectiveness
Contract Status: Permanent
Location: Sandwith Street
The Business: KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The Role: This is a key management role within the Arrears Support Unit (ASU) with responsibility for the oversight, implementation, testing and delivery of key infrastructure projects within the ASU to deliver innovative solutions for the Customer.
The role is pivotal in setting and managing customer centric strategies for the KBCI distressed mortgage portfolio and the wider collections of other retail products. In addition the role will be responsible for the delivery of new strategic initiatives for the ASU as required. The role will involve taking charge of planning and schedules, resolving issues that arise, managing project resources and ensuring strong working relationships across all relevant areas.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- The role demands a high level of strategic awareness as to the direction of the organisation and the department.
- The role will champion delivery of ASU customer centric solutions and infrastructure.
- Working with the Head of ASU Strategy, the role involves managing and leading the implementation of the Bank's new collections system, Qualco, from a business perspective, this will include designing appropriate collections strategies and ensuring these are appropriately reflected within the parameters of the new system.
- Managing the design and implementation of a collection process for Nexus customers and delivering same on the appropriate collection system with a strong customer focus.
- Build strong working relationships and act as liaison between Business and IT areas.
- Manage stakeholders across key areas through status reporting, change control, resource planning and budget management.
- Responsible for the identification, management, mitigation and reporting of project Risks & Issues, including ensuring the timely completion of the New and Active Process of system developments
- Responsible for the management of the testing strategy, including managing the test plan design, responsible for the Sprint, UAT & Dress Rehearsal and execution and completion of testing phases by agreed dates for all appropriate IT projects.
- Manage project remediation and improvement action planning where required
- Implementation, management and oversight of the ASU processes, procedures and operating model including ensuring it remains fit for purpose, in line with T24 and Qualco advancements.
- Development and implementation of new strategic initiatives which will aide in achieving and exceeding departmental goals in relation to the work out of the legacy mortgage portfolio.
- As required, responsibility for operational risk matters within the ASU
- Acting as the key point of contact in relation to T24 related matters.
- Working with the Head of ASU Strategy in the preparation of appropriate reporting to the Board and Executive Committee on ASU performance and initiatives.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- The successful candidate will typically have 5+ years' experience within a similar environment.
- Thorough knowledge of industry best practice in own professional discipline.
- Relevant third level qualification or professional equivalent and working towards a project management qualification.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills with an ability to deal with all levels in the organisation and manage multiple stakeholders.
- A highly organised individual who has the ability to manage multiple complex tasks and functions simultaneously.
- Thorough understanding of mortgage arrears/unsecured debt; aiding overall understanding of the ASU needs.
- Excellent decision making ability in a pressurised environment.
- Proven track record of delivering change.
- Results oriented with ability to deliver excellent results against stretching targets.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to deal with all levels in a confident and professional manner.
- Strong Customer centric focus.
- Excellent attention to detail required