Looking for an experienced Collections professional to join our ASU department
KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
We are looking to expand our contact team with the recruitment of a contact agent into this fast paced, dynamic, target driven environment. The purpose of the Customer Contact Phone agent (ASU) will be to efficiently and accurately meet and exceed the targets set via targeted telephone campaigns in order to maximise the amount of money that is collected against overdue balances. The successful candidate will form an integral part of a multi-skilled team of collections Contact agents.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The ASU Customer Contact Phone agent will have responsibility for efficiently and accurately action targeted telephone campaigns. Please see a detailed description of the role below:
· To work on the automated dialler telephone system to collect overdue payments from the client base and assertively negotiate with KBC clients who are in arrears in line with current ASU strategy and policies.
· Each agent is responsible for maximizing the amount of money that is collected against overdue balances
· To maintain a professional and compliant relationship with all clients while maintaining the focus to exceed set targets.
· To validate if payments have been made on payment due dates as set by the previous agent, negotiating strong promises to pay with clients and to determine the next step in the ASU strategy.
· The phone team will also be responsible for direct debit management and other "portfolio maintenance" campaigns as required by the business intuitively identifying cross selling opportunities as they arise.
· To feed into the regular team meetings with regards to observations on strategies / effectiveness and suggestions for future campaigns
· To refer accounts onto other teams within the Arrears Support Unit in line with credit policy and the ASU strategy
· The objectives and outcomes expected of the customer contact team / agents will be driven by the campaigns identified by the telephony/ resource manager and the targets set will reflect these expected outcomes.
· To support other teams within the ASU as required
· Accurate systems updates are expected by the ASU Customer Contact Phone agent with an Action & Results code and any other relevant notes required.
Key performance indicators:
Contact Agents will be assessed on a series of targets including, but not limited to;
· The value of payments received / promised against the delinquent balances.
· The volume and quality of outcome on accounts worked.
· Overall call quality including compliance and adherence to the call scripting and training and the relevant legislation.
· Customer complaints.
Other metrics as supported by the business and discussed during team meeting.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
· The successful candidate will typically have up to 3 years' experience within a similar environment.
· Relevant third level qualification or professional equivalent.
· Minimum APA Loans qualified desirable and committed to further continuous development.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
· Results focused, used to driving performance to meet tough targets.
· Experience with automated dialler preferable.
· Professional telephone negotiation technique.
· Excellent time management, interpersonal, organisational, oral and written communication abilities
· Strong team and organizational focus with flexibility in relation to working hours when required.
· Positive and passionate approach to role and enthusiasm to contribute to team success.
Commitment to Contact Centre opportunity for a minimum of 12 months essential