Accounts Assistant role in KBC Bank responsible for management reporting and financial analysis for internal stakeholders
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Contract Status: Permanent Department
Location: Sandwith Street / Stephen's Court
The Business: KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The Role: The KBCI Assistant Accountant will be part of a team dedicated to consolidating and reporting the monthly KBCI results both internally and to KBC Group Finance. The team is part of the overall Management Reporting Team in KBC Bank Ireland's Finance Department. The team also plays a strong role in the preparation of forecast results throughout the year and in the annual budgeting process.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Monthly Management Accounts
- Roll forward on monthly files and updated correctly for month end reporting
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation of consolidated monthly accounts
- Coordinate the production of the monthly management accounts pack with various sub teams within Finance
- Seek process improvements in the monthly reporting process
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly KPIs.
- Assist in the timely and accurate reporting of monthly results (forecast and actual) and commentary as per Group timelines
- Assist in application of relevant Group instructions
- Coordinate responses to Group queries
- Assist in regular review of and ensuring consistency of reporting with Group guidelines
Management and reconciliation of Consolidated Working Trial Balance (WTB)
- Preparation and Reconciliation of WTB to the monthly Management Accounts, involves identifying differences and how to rectify them
- Finalisation of WTB by agreed deadline and circulation of exceptions report to teams
- Maintaining the Consolidated Set of Books within Oracle, including posting of consolidated journals to Oracle
- Assistance in the Consolidation and delivery of quarterly and full year forecasts both to internal management and Group
- Assistance with overall budget as required
- Liaise with Group contacts to ensure timely submission of figures.
- Completion of Corporate documentation within specified deadline
- On a quarterly basis timely and accurate completion of First Line Account Management GL reconciliations (c 40)
- Assisting auditors in the conduct of their annual audit
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Part Qualified or Newly Qualified Accountant
- Competent user of MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials an advantage
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail to result in quality reporting
- Experience of roles with a high quality delivery within tight deadlines
- Financial Services background an advantage
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Strong prioritization, planning and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and process improvements
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, a good team player who can also work on own initiative
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a demanding environment
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for the role from an early stage
- Ability to adapt to change and thrive in a dynamic banking environment
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following activities:
Level of Responsibility:
- Responsible for production and accuracy of management accounts and related reporting.
- Responsible for reconciliation and integrity of General Ledger
- Escalates errors and issues to the next level and other relevant persons.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Awareness of operational risk.
Leadership & Influence:
- Adaptable to needs of others by applying common sense and communicating clearly.
- Demonstrates PEARL behaviours on a consistent basis.
- Assists other team members and fulfils delegated duties.