This role sits within the Financial Reporting team in KBC managing a separate entity in the Bank - KBC Asset Management.
Job Title: Asset Mangement SPV Accountant
Reporting to: Financial Reporting Line Manager
Contract Status: Permanent
Location: Sandwith Street
KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The role is within the Financial Reporting Team in KBC Bank Ireland's Finance Department. The KBC Asset Management (KBCAM) Accountant will assist with the provision of corporate accounting services to KBC Asset Management (Brussels) Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs). Corporate accounting services include the preparation of annual and interim financial statements, quarterly FVC central bank reporting and bi monthly VAT returns. The KBCAM SPV companies have issued loan notes listed on the Irish Stock Exchange ("ISE") and therefore must comply with ISE reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Preparation of financial reporting workings, in excel, from trial balance and portfolio data received from KBCAM in Belgium.
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements adhering to all regulatory filing requirements.
- Prepare portfolio reconciliations of ledger balances and request back-up and explanations as required from KBCAM to ensure financial integrity of the balance sheet and income statement.
- Ensuring financial statements are in full compliance with international accounting standards, company law and KBC valuation principles.
- Liaising with and assisting external auditors in the conduct of their annual audit.
- Preparation and review of quarterly FVC reporting to the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Liaising with and assisting tax consultants in the conduct of their annual Corporation Tax return preparation.
- Assist with Tax compliance and revenue reporting requirements (IXBRL, FATCA, DWT, 46G).
- Preparation and submission of bi-monthly VAT returns including the annual return of trading details and annual VAT recovery for all SPV companies.
- Ensuring that the reporting requirements as part of the Service Level Agreement between KBC and KBCAM are being met.
- Maintain positive working relationship with KBCAM colleagues and other relevant service providers.
- Meet objectives as set out in the work plan attached to the annual performance review.
The Candidate should possess the following skills and competencies:
- Qualified accountant with experience in fund accounting, audit or a similar asset management financial reporting role.
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS and ability to make relevant disclosures in Financial Statements.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy in preparing Financial Statements.
- Good numeracy, analytical and accounting skills across all regulatory returns.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word (Intermediate level)
- Self-starter with good organisational skills and excellent communication skills.
- Ability and confidence to try to challenge current processes and to identify suitable alternatives.
- Albeit that the role will report into and be supervised by the Team Head, the ability to take ownership and responsibility for the role from an early stage is necessary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Level of Responsibility:
- Ensures the production of relevant reports and controls outlined in the service level agreement.
- Ensures that reporting is produced in line with Group and local requirements.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
Leadership & Influence:
- Adaptable to needs of others by applying common sense and communicating clearly.
- Demonstrates PEARL behaviours on a consistent basis.
- Assists other team members and fulfills delegated duties.
Morgan McKinley are the onsite Recruitment Partners for KBC Ireland.