Controls Assurance Executive in KBC's Head Office
KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European financial services group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
Based in Sandwith Street, the Controls & Assurance team is responsible for developing risk awareness and enhancing the risk and control framework within the Retail division. The team reports to the Head of Control Assurance & Complaints and focuses on the following areas:
· Assessment of risk and control frameworks including Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSAs);
· Monitoring of Compliance and Audit Recommendations, Procedure Reviews, Risk Actions etc. to ensure timely closure of actions assigned to Retail Banking
· Provision of assurance (through risk based testing) to Retail stakeholders regarding adequacy of controls to mitigate risks;
· Development and support of Retail teams in terms of risk and control methodology and application.
· You will have responsibility for checking and challenging control tests completed by Retail Business Units in order to oversee the effectiveness of KBCI's Retail Banking control environment. This will involve selecting suitable cases for testing, identifying any deficiencies, analysing the test results and communicating results and any emerging trends
· You will be comfortable analysing the root cause of Operational Risk Events and Complaints and communicating this analysis to help avoid them happening again
· You will be familiar with KBCI's products, processes and our Complaint management process, obligations and timelines.
· Review, check and challenge relevant control testing completed by the First Line of Defence to ensure these are complete, consistent, accurate and meet appropriate quality standards (as stipulated in relevant Frameworks and Policies)
· Support the Controls Assurance Manager in executing the agreed test schedule which covers independent assurance testing of Business Unit controls in Retail Banking
· Compile relevant MI and reporting in respect of testing and assurance activity, including feedback on emerging trends
· Escalate any issues to the Controls & Assurance Manager, as appropriate (for example, relating to significant control breaches or gaps identified)
· Provide a leading level of service in a courteous and professional manner and be comfortable explaining the rationale for test scores / feedback
· Work closely with the wider team and other stakeholders to address issues identified
· Where relevant, support the Controls Assurance Manager in developing and monitoring implementation of all relevant Second Line Frameworks and Policies supporting business control assurance and testing
· Updating, and reviewing periodically, Procedures, Processes and Tools and ensuring that these are embedded effectively
· Take an active role in various projects as they arise within the team and undertake any other tasks requested by the Controls Assurance Manager
· Support the wider Controls Assurance & Complaints Team by undertaking to assist in the review and resolution of customer complaints, as and when required
· Take personal responsibility for compliance with all regulatory requirements, MCC Requirements, Codes of Practice/Code of Conduct etc.
· You are deadline driven, with the ability to prioritise workloads while ensuring flexibility to deliver to challenging deadlines
· You are an individual with proven ability in the analysis of data and test results and have good IT and MS office skills
· You embrace change, as well as support and champion key business strategies within the team and across the wider business
· You have good communication skills with an ability to convey your message professionally and effectively, treating people with dignity in all situations
· Collaborative and flexible in your approach to work, you have the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels in the organisation, in a fast moving and exciting environment
· You are straightforward in your communication style with the ability to successfully communicate within all levels of the organisation
Education / Knowledge:
· Fully QFA qualified or at a minimum hold the APA Loans, Savings & Investments designations
· Pro-active in your own self-development and professional learning, and are committed to continuous development
· Experience and strong knowledge of KBC Products and Processes
· Knowledge of risk management and control guidelines or standards, while not a pre-requisite, would be looked on favourably
· Knowledge of/or experience in complaint management and resolution would support any application.