Great opportunity based in the Galway Area
Our client has reached out to us to recruit a Junior Lean Specialist in a Medical Device company in the Galway area that might be the next step in your career.
It is a permanent position and has competitive salary with additional benefits.
Purpose: Identify and pursue value improvement and waste elimination to support manufacturing and overhead areas through the initiation and completion of Lean projects in line with business goals and objectives.
- Support of the ongoing introduction and advancement of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices across the plant / in direct area of responsibility.
- Provision of technical support and where necessary project management support to
- Manufacturing teams in their endeavours to initiate and sustain Kaizen/ continuous improvement.
- Provision of training and ongoing support on existing Lean tool kit, also refining and improving these tools and introducing new ones as appropriate.
- Ensure that Lean activities and projects are linked such that the entire value stream is addressed and maximum benefit is extracted from Lean activities.
- Standardisation of work methods, ensuring that these standards are documented through graphical operator instruction where appropriate.
- Reviewing requests for changes to facility layouts and proposing summary options for review/ approval. Arising from analysis and consensus agreement work with Facilities Dept. and relevant Production Team to prepare final layout drawings and implementation plan.
- Working with Facilities department to ensure that plant layout drawings are correct and up to date at all times and that free space is created strategically to allow for improved flow or and/ or provision for new/ additional production lines to support increased volume/ new product introduction.
- Demonstrating a good working knowledge of Industrial Engineering tools & practices and using this knowledge and expertise to continually drive improvement in process/equipment design, layout and Operational performance.
- HETAC Level 8 in a relevant discipline.
- 3 years' experience in a relevant role.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.