Our Dublin based client, a leading aviation company, are looking for a Junior IT Project Manager to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have close interaction with internal and external stakeholders across the technology stack to ensure projects are actively and successfully managed through the full lifecycle.
- Lead, manage and motivate the project team to deliver the project according to agreed project targets and company KPIs
- For each project, monitor and control activities to achieve project goals.
- Responsible for resource planning on your projects. This will be achieved by working with the Programme Manager and resource managers to ensure a successful plan is in place.
- Project Management processes. Processes may be based on Agile or Waterfall methodologies or a hybrid of these, where appropriate.
- Learn and implement the agreed Project Management processes and governance, and where possible, identify opportunities to improve them.
- As part of a team, to work with your Programme Manager to ensure the success of the Programme portfolio by supporting Programme initiatives, and building your project management experience through overcoming challenges encountered along the way.
- Successfully managing any suppliers or 3rd party organisations that contribute to the delivery of your projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification with a strong technical focus
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working with IT Software Development Lifecycle methodologies including Waterfall & Agile
- Possess at least 5+ years of professional experience, with at a minimum of 2 years in project management
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office suite - Including Project, Visio, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- A strong understanding of best practises, tools and techniques for project management and programme management with ability to continuously improve these processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Use of negotiation skills with proven ability to maintain relationships with stakeholders and to influence stakeholders in support of project delivery
- Experience as a project team manager with proven ability to build, motivate and support a high performing team
- Highly motivated, driven, pragmatic and completely focused on project delivery for business benefit
- Strong listening, analytical, problem solving and with close attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate conflict resolution skills - driving resolution of any project conflicts
Please note: All applicants must have a valid Stamp 4 visa or hold an EU passport.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.