IT Support Engineer
My client, a large well established company in Limerick is looking to hire an experienced IT Support Engineer.
This is will a exciting role in a fast-paced environment where the successful individual will be handling a number of tickets as well as gaining exposure to new technologies and learning new skills daily.
You will work as part of an overall Service Desk & Deskside Support team to ensure that all issues and
requests submitted to the centralised IT Service Desk and assigned to your queue are dealt with promptly.
Day-to-day of the role:
* Logging & owning support issues and incidents until resolution and acting as primary support liaison between company and its customers.
* Documenting relevant support ticket/issue information and ensuring that customer communication is handled in a timely manner and in compliance with SLAs throughout the lifecycle of the issue.
* Analysis of software issues reported, identification of known issues where applicable and reporting of known solutions or workarounds to customer within timeframe set out by SLA's
* Development of workarounds for software issues reported where workarounds do not already exist
* Identification of training needs for customers and development of operation documents to address these issues
* Collaboration with the Development, QC and QA teams on issue resolution; providing feedback to Development and QC to help improve the product quality and reliability
* Setup of test environments as necessary.
* Communicating application problems and issues to key stakeholders.
* Preparing end user and technical user documentation
* Supporting Professional Services team in the field for all project requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field advantageous
* Minimum of 2 years' hands-on experience
* Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer
* Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully
with customers in high urgency and or ambiguous situations
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this will be a customer-facing role
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.