IT Project Manager - Contract - Cork
Project Manager- Contract - Cork
An exciting opportunity for a Project Manager who comes from a software background to join a leading edge Irish SME in Cork. This is a high profile project with multiple stakeholder so they are looking for a very strong project manager. These projects will be in the Digital space and will specifically be around integration of systems both internally in the company and with various third parties.This will be an initial 6 month project to work on two specific projects within the company at the moment.
What will this opportunity give to you?
Firstly you will be working with a fantastic group of people who are passionate about what they do. You will get exposure to some really complex projects and leading edge ideas for some of them as they have over 20 ongoing projects. This is a company people stay with long term due to the fantastic culture and the huge emphasis on its people. Each month there are a number of internal employee initiates to ensure your wellbeing is looked after.
What will your responsibilities be?
- You will ensure that project scope and success criteria is clearly defined.
- You will develop and maintain a detailed project schedule based on effective planning to monitor and control progress.
- You will be responsible for managing the third party vendors and keeping them on track.
- Encourage a team based quality culture where continuous improvement mind set is fostered.
- Identify, manage, prioritise and respond appropriately to project risks and issues.
- Instil a positive culture from within the team from the beginning & continue to develop the overall team environment to optimise and enhance project performance.
What your experience should look like:
- 6+years' experience in the management of projects in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptionally Strong Project Manager
- Experience in SDLC methodologies, agile, scrum, and waterfall.
- Experience working with third party vendors
- Ideally experienced with Web /Digital projects but this is not a prerequisite
- Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to adapt to change.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills particularly as this role will be remote initially.
- Strong leadership skills.
What to do next:
- You can get in touch with me Marguerite Maher on 021-2300300 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.