M3S is looking for a Mainframe Programmer based in Cork.
The Programmer role is based in Cork IT within the IT Department working on the Unisys Unibanks Core Banking mainframe.
The IT Department is responsible for the delivery of all IT services to the bank.
The role of the EAE Programmer is to work with the Development team leads and the Business Analysts to understand technical solutions, and with experience contribute to the technical solutions. To provide estimates to the IT Lead of the work required, and then to develop these solution in EAE code for the Unibanks platform.
A further requirement of the role is that the EAE Programmer is familiar with, and adheres to the Coding standards, and Project Methodology standards. They will be required to support Risk Reviews, Quality Reviews, Implementation plans and meetings and other technical meetings as required.
The person must fully understand the Business process that they are working on in order to deliver a quality result.
The EAE Programmer is key to providing the Business with the tools they require to do their work, and key to maintaining the Unibanks Core Banking platform for the Bank.
- Complete technical analysis to aid in the production of Functional Specification.
- Review Functional Specifications ( produced by Business Analyst )
- Identify constraints and risks
- Develop code as per the Functional Specification
- Unit test all code
- Complete all required documentation
- Quality review code developed by peers
- Support Testing team
- Review any errors / bugs and amend accordingly
- Prepare code for release to live environment
- Work with team to ensure quality assurance
- Assist in resolving issues
- Understand the Change management process
- Contribute to technical forum, and research if required
- Act as lead Developer on larger projects
- Available to work in different geographic locations (currently Cork and Dublin) if required
- Establish excellent relationships with wider IT community, and with the Business
- Maintain a positive and favourable approach to change
- Work on their own initiative in a demanding environment
- Show strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work with others, building and maintaining good professional relationships
- Support trainee developers as required
- An ability to learn and understand business processes
- Understand the impact and importance of the role with regard to the reputation of the Bank, and the support of the Customer
- Ensure that Risks are identified, and Team Lead / Manager is kept up to date.
- Ensure any Audit actions assigned are prioritised and resolved speedily
- A third level IT qualification with strong emphasis on programming
- Detailed knowledge of Retail Banking or Financial Services systems
- 1-3 years recent programming experience
- An ability to learn and understand complex business processes
- Capability to work on their own initiative in a demanding environment
- Good PC skills with a knowledge of MS Office products
- A desire to develop IT competency through training and education
- General knowledge of IT related procedures and standards
- Knowledge of micro services / rapid code delivery processing would be an advantage
- Significant experience of analysing and extracting data using SQL
- Working with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Working experience in Retail Banking or Financial Services would be of an advantage
- Customer Focus and Relationship Management - understanding the importance of delivering customer focused solutions.
- Demonstrating flexibility in delivering on business priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.