Business Relationship Manager - Aptiv
Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv - a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Delphi, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we're more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
The Corporate Functions BRM will drive planning and implementation activities of IT enabled initiatives in within Corporate functions. This individual will be responsible for the planning and execution of assigned information technology strategy, roadmap and solution delivery projects within the corporate functions area. This role will interface with business leaders, IT program managers, architects, portfolio planners and analysts providing a rich, diversified and global work environment. A successful candidate will demonstrate a can-do attitude in a dynamic, global environment and bring with him/her a solid business-facing IT project delivery experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Business Relationship Management:
- Own the relationship between IT and business project owners in Commercial functions (Human Resources, Legal, Sales)
- Schedule regular meetings with client leadership with stated objectives and outcomes. Ensure alignment on objectives and awareness of results.
- Develop an understanding of the strategic direction of the business areas. Identify opportunities and make actionable recommendations to support the desired future state.
- Manage client approvals, acceptance, and sign-offs for IT initiatives.
- Support the development of IT financial forecasts and budget plans as required.
- Deliver key enterprise IT messages (e.g., use and value of common systems, re-use of existing technologies, compliance with cyber security requirements)
Strategy and Planning:
Collaborate with enterprise, division and business unit teams to develop an "integrated functional strategy and roadmap" for the stated functions.
Portfolio Planning and Management:
- Support the top-down and bottom-up effort to create a business-IT aligned regional portfolio of IT initiatives with cost estimates and quantifiable business benefits.
- Provide timely input on prioritization of IT initiatives based on organizational needs/strategy, IT workload and budget.
- Create sound business cases for IT portfolio appropriation requests jointly with business leaders and business unit finance.
- Execute the IT roadmap for the business unit via proactive portfolio planning and driving related programs and projects.
- Drive solution selection and implementation for assigned business systems.
- Support the RFI, RFP, sourcing, negotiation of applicable enterprise license agreements and IT contracts as required.
- 10-15 years of IT experience in medium-large automotive, manufacturing, industrials, electronics, technology, consulting, and/or systems integration firms.
- Business facing skills (listening, ability to playback and validate concepts, developing proposals, conceptual/ strategic selling).
- Ability to discern business pain points and strategic opportunities that can be addressed by information systems and services.
- IT experience spanning business relationship management, project planning and execution, deployments, IT strategy and roadmap development, IT portfolio management.
- Track record of good business relationships and business value delivery; operating successfully in a matrixed IT environment; and leveraging supplier resources in an outsourced IT model.
- Business process analysis expertise and a good understanding of how IT enables business.
- IT delivery coordination experience in support of projects, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, Global/ cross-functional projects.
- Working knowledge and/or experience with Systems Development Lifecycle, ITIL, IT infrastructure services, IT Audit and Compliance Management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present information in ways that senior business and IT leaders can understand and support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work with stakeholders in different regions and interact effectively with different cultures.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and self-directed to work with a geographically dispersed business and IT teams.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, information management, systems engineering or related discipline.
- Master's degree in business administration, business management or systems engineering is a plus
Aptiv rewards and advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- Pension Scheme with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Please review the APTIV Privacy Statement Here