IS Manager with ERP Systems experience required for a Global Engineering Organisation
Information Systems Manager (JD Edwards)
Global Leader in the Engineering sector has an opportunity for IS Systems Manager with experience in JD Edwards ERP, liaising with global stakeholders and experience leading a small team.
The successful IS Manager will take responsibility for managing local support of the JDE ERP system, administration and development of Business Intelligence Solutions along with maintaining and supporting the provision of network, hardware and voice services on the Galway site.
- Participate in a variety of projects and project roles, ranging from global to across every level of the organization in Galway
- Ensure regular and ongoing communication with employees, managers and Corporate IS as regarding issues and activities relating to systems operations
- Manage, mentor and develop the IT team
- Vendors: Evaluate and select products and vendors to provide quality goods and best in class services related to site systems operations.
- Network: Deploy and maintain site network infrastructure to ensure performance and reliability for local LANs, Internet, and corporate WAN connectivity.
- Infrastructure - Ensure the continuous operation of all the company's critical networks, hardware, and phone systems and to provide IT support to remote staff working in Europe
- Work with local finance team to plan and ensure adherence to budgetary requirements.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date IT Asset Management register
- Relevant 3rd level degree in IT, Business Systems or related subject
- A proved track record in working within manufacturing to a high degree of accuracy is essential, including JD Edwards or equivalent and related production support systems.
- 2+ years experience managing a team taking responsibility for day-to-day IT operational management and delivery, defining and implementing strategy encompassing Systems, Infrastructure, Networks, Cloud Services, Data and IT Operations
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence systems would be a distinct advantage, e.g. Diver, Qlikview, Tableau
- Solid interpersonal, communication, planning, documentation, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable ability to act independently and engage with internal and external personnel /services to ensure reliable system operations
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.