IP - Paralegal Executive
Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We're at the forefront of solving mobility's toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what's now to what's next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Dublin, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com.
Aptiv seeks to recruit an experienced intellectual property paralegal to support the EMEA IP department based in Dublin.
Core duties will involve:
- Managing the patent prosecution workflow between the engineering organization, in-house IP attorneys and outside counsel
- Organize patent review board meetings, collect and maintain submissions, and maintain a record of the decisions made
- Maintain the intellectual property database and docketing system with respect to EMEA-generated patent matters
- Maintain and track a docket of key deadlines in the patent drafting workflow
- Generate reports of patents requiring review/assessment and execute the decisions made by the legal staff or engineering
- Monitor portfolio events that trigger inventor compensation and engage with HR to implement the payments
- Review incoming legal invoices to ensure that billing guidelines and fee structures are being followed
- Generate cost reports and projections for the patent portfolio
- Organize IP training sessions
- Provide other administrative support for the IP legal staff (assistance with presentations; organizing meetings; expense report assistance, etc.)
Well-qualified candidates will possess the following attributes and experience:
- Have at least 5 years of experience at either a law firm or corporate IP department as an intellectual property paralegal (or administrative assistant with similar responsibilities);
- Have a working familiarity with patent prosecution workflow;
- Be competent in the use of standard office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ideally, have experience working with third party IP database and docketing tools;
- Have excellent organization skills, a professional work ethic and a team attitude
- Possess excellent communication skills and be fluent in written and spoken English. Additional language skills such as German or French are not required but are a plus.