US Qualified Attorney | IP experience | New set up in Ireland
We have been exclusively retained by a growing gaming company looking to hire an IP Attorney into their Legal team.
The company has offices spread in 7 different countries and is now setting up in Ireland. The IP Attorney role will be their first hire in Ireland and the successful candidate will have a key strategic role in helping to build their presence in the country.
The role reports to the General Counsel, who is based in another European location. While the position will largely focus on IP matters, the organisation will happily consider well rounded lawyers with broader commercial experience and good IP exposure.
This is a company with a great working culture and with the benefits to match it, including a stock option plan, bonus, etc.
- Oversee the Group's legal and business affairs related to the trademarks, publicity, licensing, digital issues and related intellectual property matters.
- Developing, managing and overseeing the execution of the Group intellectual property development, management and enforcement program.
- Primary responsibility for licensing and managing trademarks and copyrights strategy within the Group.
- Monitoring and implementation of compliance with applicable regulations and legal requirements relating to patent law, copyright law, trademark law, and employee and contractor laws and best practices.
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts with focus on IP, such as publishing agreements and licensing agreements.
- Assessment of in house and external IP in the context of M&A activities, technology acquisitions, technology business, licensing business, etc.
- Attorney admitted to practice in the USA (the successful candidate will need to be able to make the necessary IP filings in the US).
- The successful candidate will already be based in Ireland (the client is not in a position to sponsor employment visas or wait for someone to relocate).
- Strong commercial contracts drafting and negotiation skills.
- Good exposure to Intellectual Property matters.
- Experience working on or advising clients on legal matters related to mobile apps.
IF THIS OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU PLEASE APPLY OR CONTACT BERNARDO PINA ON +353(0)14321555 OR BPINA@MORGANMCKINLEY.IE FOR A CONFIDENTIAL DISCUSSION.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.