Investment Risk Manager (Asset Management) | Dublin Centre
There is a brand new exciting position available in the heart of Dublin City Centre with a large well-known investment manager. The Investment Risk Manager role is offered on a permanent basis with a very generous benefits package.
The Investment Risk Manager reports directly into the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) whilst working closely with the wider risk team across the EU. This position offers excellent opportunities for skill enrichment and exposure to senior management across the business along with opportunity to obtain the PCF-39 designation.
Reporting and producing material for presentation to the board and senior management, this positions offers excellent opportunities to enhance your career both personally and professionally.
- Ensure up to date knowledge across regulatory bodies including the Central bank of Ireland and other regulators outside of Ireland
- Strong awareness of external and group wide risk standards across the business, ensuring any impact on the business is highlighted
- Ensure all new regulatory requirements and standards are implemented by the first line of defence
- Management of an effective risk framework to ensure investment funds are in line with company objectives, including investment risk oversight (reporting, management and measurement)
- Provide informed objective challenges within a timely manner to the leadership teams across the EU in relation to the management of key investment risks to ensure each business carries out activities within the risk appetite as set by the Board
- Ability to gather information and interpret risk MI, reporting any existing trends and/or issues that need to be highlighted to the first line risk managers and risk committee
- Draw up risk summaries on a monthly basis for presentation to senior management and the risk committees
- Improve systems and tools used across the business for analysis and reporting purposes
- Analyse and monitor market, liquidity, credit and counterparty risks metrics against regulatory limits, internal policies and relevant risk frameworks
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across internal and external risk stakeholders
- Third level education in Mathematics, Engineering or a similar quantitative field
- Minimum 8 years' experience in an investment risk management role within an asset management environment
- Strong understanding of investment restrictions/breaches
- A strong understanding of Irish UCITS and AIFMD rules is essential
- Previous experience in a PCF-39 regulated position is beneficial
- Ability to build strong global relationships, manage tight deadlines and develop a good understanding of different risk methodologies such a VaR and multi-factor stress testing
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.