Internal Auditor (senior level role)
My client is currently seeking an experienced Internal Auditor to work in a global audit team at a senior level reporting to a Head of based in Dublin.
- Develops and agrees with the Group Chief Internal Auditor a comprehensive multi-year internal audit plan incorporating business processes, business risks and best practices in internal audit, including reassessment and reprioritisation of audits based on an ongoing risk assessment of organisational, business or system changes.
- Preparation/first review of audit papers prepared for legal entity Boards and Audit Committees, and attendance at meetings to present papers as appropriate.
- Leads efforts to implement effective risk management initiatives and control improvement efforts that are responsive to changing business needs. Looks to continuously improve the competency of the Internal Audit team members.
- Adheres to departmental and other external, professional auditing standards (e.g. IIA professional standards).
- Develops and maintains effective senior management relationships and demonstrates a strong understanding of the business.
- Develops a leadership role, as a key member of the Internal Audit leadership team, in the management, training and professional development of internal audit staff.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Liaison with external service providers and external auditors as appropriate in the context of the execution of internal audit activities.
- Conducting internal quality reviews on audit engagements, identifying key issues and common trends and delivering constructive feedback to the audit team and to individuals, with additional targeted training delivered as appropriate.
- Monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPls) for the internal audit team and reporting these to the Group Chief Internal Auditor on a regular basis, identifying common trends and developing appropriate solutions to make any required improvements.
- Regular review of the Internal Audit Departmental Policies & Procedures and supporting audit methodologies and tools that enable the effective delivery of internal audit activities and ensures that the team operates in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit, issued by the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors
- Provides overall strategic leadership in ensuring the best overall quality of all audit outputs, including project planning/risk assessment documents, field work/testing work papers, and audit reports/results memos.
- Raises key audit findings and risks with the Company Group Chief Internal Auditor for timely consideration.
- Provides ongoing quality assurance within the audit process by continuously interacting with audit teams and reviewing audit outputs.
This job has supervisory responsibilities, including:
- Recruitment and selection
- Staff appraisals
- Coaching, developing and motivating direct reports
- Identifying and supporting training needs
- Absence monitoring (holidays, sickness & working out of the office)
- Expense approvals (Travel & Entertainment)
- Performance management
- Make recommendations to the Group Chief Internal Auditor regarding reward and remuneration.
Personal Capabilities Required
- Highly motivated self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to work under pressure, achieve targets and meet strict deadlines and to develop and manage projects.
- Proven track record as a top performer, with proficiency working across multiple teams and functions to ensure clarity of requirement and delivery.
- Possess excellent project management, relationship building and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate a vision and technical concepts to multi-stakeholders.
- Given the nature of this role and the evolving state of the newly established Company Group, this individual will need to be comfortable and thrive in an environment of change and, at times, uncertainty.
- Flexible approach to work and people.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.