Our client a local leader in Pharma R&D is seeking an Instrumentation Engineer with 3-5 years relevant experience in a cGMP Environment.
You will be tasked with the development, maintenance and execution of all instrument calibration, general maintenance schedules along with introduction, setup and the commissioning of new instrumentation throughout the R&D site.
- To organise, supervise and approve all external maintenance & calibrations carried out by external vendors on Laboratory instrumentation.
- Identification, evaluation, purchasing, installation & qualification of any new laboratory instrumentation along with all relevant documentation.
- Continuously promote a positive safety culture by leading by example.
- Represent the Instrumentation Laboratory function at all project meetings both internal and external as required, feeding back status updates to the group when necessary.
- Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with the required standards, conforming to company, cGxP, SOPs and regulatory regulations and guidelines.
- Identify & make recommendations for improvements within or outside the department in order to ensure the continuous improvement of the company
Qualifications & Experience:
- Certification or ideally BSc in Chemistry, Engineering or a related discipline.
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience in a cGMP environment is essential.
- Experience in any of the following areas would be considered advantageous;
- Prior experience in maintenance or qualification and calibration of laboratory instrumentation.
- Prior experience in laboratory software administration.
- Working knowledge of change controls and risk assessments.
- Demonstrable experience in project management.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.