Indirect Tax Specialist role with a U.S Headquartered Pharmaceutical company in Dublin city centre.
Indirect Tax Specialist
Morgan McKinley are representing an U.S Headquartered Pharmaceutical company to recruit an Indirect Tax Specialist for their European tax team in Dublin city centre.
Reporting to the Indirect Tax Manager, this role is an internal VAT compliance and consulting role, working as part of a large team of internal VAT colleagues. This position will offer some people management and the opportunity to provide training to the wider business.
- Manage the workload of the VAT Analysts that report directly to you.
- Act as a mentor in assisting and developing the VAT knowledge and expertise of the VAT Analysts.
- Provide training to the VAT and European Finance teams, including market colleagues;
- Ensure accurate and timely completion and filing of VAT returns by reviewing and approving all
- compliance work (VAT returns, EC Sales lists, intrastat, annual returns, Withholding returns and any other ad hoc returns where applicable) of the Indirect Tax Analyst.
- Oversee the Tax process to identify follow- up and resolve any errors or exceptions.
- Provide comment/suggestions on process/system efficiencies that might be adopted to improve the processes in Global VAT.
- Elevate to VAT Leadership issues/errors of a systemic or financially material nature.
- Manage errors and exceptions to minimize the impact on financial results and avoid non-compliance penalties with Tax Authorities.
- Manage all Tax Audits/Queries in a professional, timely and efficient manner whilst ensuring that, where appropriate, local Tax expertise is consulted.
- Provide audit support to the Pfizer business units when requested.
- Provide the business units, global finance departments and VAT colleagues with accurate and practical VAT advice , as and when required, across the above mentioned countries;
- Support the Global VAT Director in terms of any initiatives and requests.
- Develop Market relationships by providing accurate and relevant VAT advice thereby centralising consultancy across European finance.
- Oversee new VAT registrations and provide advice in respect of new business set ups; ensure the SAP/Oracle team are aware of the changes as soon as you are notified of the request for a new VAT registration.
- Ensure all relevant VAT changes affecting your territories are considered in terms of system impact (e.g., Oracle/SAP, SAP/VAT TRAC/VAT Cockpit) and that the information is communicated and documented to the appropriate contact for update.
Interested candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years VAT experience, with a professional Tax or Accounting qualification (CTA/AITI/ACA).
- Big 4/Top 10 Indirect tax practice or a MNC experience is preferable.
- Extensive knowledge of existing and proposed VAT legislation to provide detailed advice to
- management on specific transactions.
- Professional fluency in French will be a distinct advantage.
- International candidates with relevant experience will be considered but must have the right to work in Ireland (EU passport) or a Stamp 4 visa to apply. Sponsorship OR relocation payments will not be offered.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.