Exciting opportunity for an experienced VAT/Indirect Tax consultant to join an established telecommunications company, at Manager grade.
Morgan McKinley are representing an established telecommunications company, to recruit a Tax Manager, focussed on Indirect Taxes, for their Finance team in Dublin.
Reporting directly to the Head of Tax & Treasury, the Tax Manager will be responsible for all matters relating to Indirect Tax, along with certain other tax and treasury tasks and will be the primary point of contact for all group VAT matters.
This is a perfect opportunity for a qualified tax consultant, with a minimum of 2 years' PQE, to gain valuable industry experience in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate must be AITI/ACA qualified, with VAT/Indirect Tax experience in an international setting. Industry experience with a Big 4/Top 10 background is preferable.
- Ensures accurate preparation and filing of VAT, VIES, RTD returns for the group.
- Analysis of VAT issues and provides advice to other business areas (non-finance) on VAT matters (e.g. VAT recovery, application of VAT rates etc.)
- Monitors/reviews billing and purchase systems for VAT compliance.
- Reconciles VAT accounts, prepares and posts VAT journals.
- Advise on VAT on property transactions.
- Manage RCT compliance, ensuring that RCT returns are filed and payments made to Revenue in a timely manner.
- Review of new Supplier set-ups with a view to determining their RCT/PAYE status.
- Prepares and files EVR ('Electronic VAT Refund') claim when required.
- Manage VAT inquiries/audits.
- Assist Head of Tax with Treasury reporting as required.
- Monitor changes in VAT legislation and review any potential business impact, as appropriate.
- Accurate & timely preparation of VAT & RCT returns.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Maintain accurate and up to date tax records.
- Qualified Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) AND/OR ACA/ACCA.
- Minimum 2 years' post qualification experience
- Strong knowledge of VAT and experience in VAT Compliance essential
- Experience with VAT on Property transactions very desirable
- SAP desirable
- Advanced excel skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.