Fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR Generalist to join NBI.
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultra-fast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantee? s a level playing field for million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools.
Roll out will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion at 7 years.
NBI believes that all sustainable progress is driven by people - people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of the communities, businesses and organisations they belong to. NBI strongly encourages entrepreneurial thinking and attracts keen problem solvers with a driven determination to achieve great work.
NBI are currently looking to recruit a HR Generalist to join the team. Reporting to the HR Director you will play a key role in the success of the organisation by co-ordinating and supporting the HR processes of recruitment, probation, absence management, benefits and payroll administration and advising on HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between the HR department and senior management and employees.
- Deliver best practice HR service to employees and managers.
- Manage the recruitment, onboarding, probation and absence management.
- Manage the recruitment lifecycle from the preparation of job descriptions and advertising of roles, organisation of interviews, pre-employment checks and issuing of contracts of employment and onboarding.
- Act as a first point of contact for managers and employees on queries and advise on HR policies and procedures in line with agreed processes and the company Handbook.
- Assist with human resource policies and procedures and programs necessary to ensure employee engagement.
- Compensation and Benefits - oversee process for all employees joining & leaving schemes - process monthly/annual invoices, liaise with payroll to ensure BIK is captured correctly. Manage annual Benefit & Health related seminars.
- Assist with annual Bonus / Pay review cycle.
- Manage all Employee programs - Tax saver travel tickets, Cycle to work scheme, Teleworking applications.
- Payroll - liaise with internal / external payroll to ensure new hires/leavers/pay reviews and all other interim changes are processed accurately to meet strict deadlines.
- Assist with any projects within the organisation that require HR support and advice.
- Maintain accurate HR filing systems and assist with HR audits of files, while ensuring that HR are complying with data protection regulations.
- Manage Employee leaver process - including completing Exit Interviews & analysing the data, equipment return & all other tasks associated with leavers.
- Assist with the Annual Performance review process
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are fit for purpose and ensure data integrity in line GDPR
- Assist with the maintenance of Employee data in all HR systems
- Assist with HR administration
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or masters in a HR related discipline.
- 5+ years' experience in a HR Generalist/ HR Business Partner role
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong administration, coordination and communication skills
- Broad Recruitment experience including 'end to end' inhouse recruitment processes and also with an RPO.
- Strong Employee Relations background essential
- Ability to meet deadlines and excellent time management
- Ability to build strong relationships with all colleagues.
- Strong computer literacy - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Confidential, discreet and diplomatic approach. Ability to work with confidential information at a very senior level
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please submit your details through the relevant link and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch.