Experienced HR Consultant positions with well-known online payments system client.
Our online payments systems client is on the hunt for an experienced HR professional with extensive experience in employee relations.
The HR Consultant is responsible for providing guidance on a range of employment matters including performance management, employment legislation, policy interpretation and corrective action as well as investigating employee grievances and advising on conflict arising from employment relations.
The Consultants collaborate closely with People Business Partners (PBPs), Legal and other COEs such as Payroll, Comp & Benefits, Talent Acquisition and with HR Advisor/service delivery team. In addition, the Consultant provides deep jurisdictional, cultural and/or functional expertise depending on the region and may lead projects and or policy development.
* Provides coaching and advice to managers on performance management and corrective action (relevant to the jurisdiction) enabling them to implement performance improvement processes which are consistent across business entities; may deliver presentations and training to managers employees
* Provides jurisdictionally appropriate legal advice and interpretation on employment legislation, and handles most aspects of involuntary employee terminations and restructuring (RWE)
* Conducts investigations and advises on employee complaints and grievances (e.g., discrimination, harassment, retaliation)
* Builds and maintains strong, trust-based relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business as well as with PBPs, Legal, COEs, Works Councils and with external advisors
* Leads and/or participates in projects related to policy development and process improvement, partnering with Legal, HR Advisors, Payroll, Works Councils and other experts
* Provides specialist expertise and leadership in a dedicated area e.g., country-specific in EMEA functional area
1. Business focused Acumen
2. Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
3. Strong Decision Quality
4. Integrity & Trust
5. Strong Written Communications
6. Driven for Result Capable of navigating a complex matrixed environment
7. Analytical skills
8. Problem Solving
1. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Irish employment legislation (knowledge of any other European jurisdiction is advantageous, particularly the UK) its interpretation and implementation, and of employment practices specific to Ireland.
2. Broad HR generalist knowledge which s/he can leverage to independently mitigate business, reputational and financial risk
3. Skilled and passionate about coaching and developing manager capabilities
4. Skilled at using effective listening, probing and investigatory skills to handle complex, sensitive enquiries and conversations with discretion, composure and compassion
5. Strong analytical mind-set, able trouble shooter adept at analysing large amounts of detailed information, diagnosing problems and recommending appropriate solutions to senior business leaders.
6. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, global organization and to build strong trust-based relationships with remote client groups and colleagues
7. Ability to deliver high levels of performance and service excellence while managing high volume workload in a collaborative team environment
8. Fluency in English - Fluency or business level standard in another European language is an advantage.
* 5-7 or more years in the area of Human Resources in a global organization
* 5 or more years in the area of Employee Relations; specialist jurisdictional or functional expertise preferred
* Experience working with remote teams preferred
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
* Qualification in Employment Law
* Higher certification in Human Resource Management (e.g., PHR, SPHR, GPHR or equivalent)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.