Head of Valuations, Banking
My client is a leading Irish bank with a significant finance and accounting division. One of the key roles within this team is the Head of Valuations, Markets & Treasury. This individual oversees the running of the Bank's financial instruments valuation adjustment (i.e. CVA, FVA and DVA) models and the independent price verification process and provides subject matter expertise on financial instruments valuations issues that arise within markets and treasury and the wider Bank.
- Managing the production of monthly valuation adjustments
- Coordinating, reviewing and challenging the results of the independent price verification testing performed on financial instruments throughout the Bank
- Development of proprietary valuation adjustment (XVA) models and providing quantitative subject matter expertise to internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing and presenting valuation reports and papers to senior management including market risk committee (MRC
- Overseeing day to day valuation team's deliverables which include daily EMIR reporting, monthly customer valuation, half yearly Dodd Frank reporting, while ensuring compliance with the Bank's valuation policies and internal financial controls.
Essential skills & experience
- An in-depth knowledge of valuation principles across vanilla and complex financial instruments along with experience working in either capital markets or treasury, or having audited such functions
- Strong numeric and analytical skills with extensive excel experience
- Knowledge of key principles of international accounting standards related to valuation of financial instruments (IFRS 9 & IFRS 13)
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a high performing team.
- Post grad in quantitative finance, mathematics or similar area
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.